G-TECH Services, Inc. Autonomous Driving Software Engineer - Senior in Auburn Hills, Michigan
As a member of the Automated Driving Software team, you will be responsible for the design, development, simulation, testing, integration, and deployment of the latest cutting edge technologies across platforms to consumer markets worldwide. This position will function as a member of the Automated Driving Software team. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the development and integration of SAE Level 2, 3, and 4 automated driving features and functional software.
• Development of infrastructure and basic software compliant with functional safety principals,
• development of middleware and software service modules.
• development of a modular serial data build/parse architecture.
• Maintain a good understanding of modern safety critical electronic control units and possess an interest in state-of-the-art automated driving compute platforms and emerging computational technologies.
Requirements:• Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering field
• Minimum of 5 years embedded software development experience or algorithm development in C/C++, and/or other high-level programming languages
• Experience in AUTOSAR basic software configuration of communication stack and software component development
• Experience with software integration tools (e.g. Emulators, Debuggers, CANoe/CANalyzer)
• Familiarity with industry standard process framework models (ASPICE, ISO 26262, etc.)
• Familiarity with microprocessor-based controls and development tools
• Experience in Matlab/Simulink / Target Link / Embedded Coder
• Experience in C++ (C++ 11/14) programming and debugging on embedded platforms
• Experience with ETAS INCA data acquisition tools
• Experience in Vector/ETAS/KSAR AUTOSAR Basic Software configuration of CAN/LIN/XCP/Ethernet
• Good communication skills and the ability to interface with Algorithm developers, vehicle integration and validation engineering organizations.
• Ability to work effectively in a agile team environment
• Ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders
• Master of Science from an ABET accredited university
• Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
• Experience implementing embedded C/C++ software in a Real Time Operating System environment
• Experience working within an Agile/Scrum software development process
• Experience in Adaptive Autosar including Adaptive Autosar middleware stacks
• Experience in Linux based Programming environments
Additional Information / Must Have's:
o Extensive ability to actually open/read/understand and reverse engineer/explain C/C++ type software modules working closely with PO/SW Architects as required.
o Extensive ability to work with classic/adaptive autosar based architecture as it relates to application, middleware and lower level SWCs.
o Extensive knowledge of the longitudinal controls features (i.e. ACC/UCC/SLA) that are usable on day 1 towards the assigned activities.
• Have the capability to lead complex/in-depth technical discussions/negotiations, clearly/technically describing the needs and achieving the required outcome/next steps towards getting a functional ACC feature within the highly tight timing.
• Strong willingness and ability to work with cross functional team members such as Software Integration, Simulation/Real Time Bench/HIL/Vehicle team to get HANDS DIRTY with them and take on tasks towards achieving the SW Development goals. Perform Hands On testing on these properties as required supporting their Bring Up as well as ACC testing.
Driving a company vehicle is required
Category Autonomous Vehicle
Req ID JN -082022-118379