G-TECH Services, Inc. Body Component Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Body Exterior Component Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and validation of exterior components (e.g. roof racks, roof ditch molding, badges, exterior trim). This will include analyzing the design to ensure it meets requirements and working with the extended vehicle team for production implementation and competitive benchmarking.
· The Body Exterior Component Engineer will execute component standardization and reuse, DVP, best practices and lessons learned and will maintain functional objectives, DFMEA's, DVPR's and standards.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, 3+ years’ experience with Class A exterior ornamentation / interior plastics experience.
· Being familiar with Vacuum forming, thermo forming and injection molding would be helpful.
· Knowledge of Unigraphics NX and Team Center is preferred.
· Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Interior or Exterior Systems.
· Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
· In-plant launch experience preferred. -Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
· Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
· Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred.
· Knowledgeable in regards to plastics and GD&T. Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
· May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112019-112980