G-TECH Services, Inc. Body Component Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of Body components.
· Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
· The Technical Cost Reduction Engineer will be responsible for planning, validating, and implementing cost reduction activities and projects to meet technical cost reduction targets.
· The Technical Cost Reduction Engineer will work with Body Exterior Trim engineering and other cross-functional teams to generate ideas, study feasibility, and execute changes to reduce material costs with no degradation in quality or customer experience.
· The selected candidate will coordinate and complete projects, including oversight of all aspects of the project.
· The Engineer will also set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize project progress, prepare reports for upper management on project status, and lead and direct the work of matrix teams.
This position is a hybrid of the (2) functions (Release and Cost). The ultimate intent is that this person would function as an Exterior Vision engineer and execute TCR cost reduction opportunities. Team Center is required to review and discuss the various design models.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
· Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 2 years of experience in NX in a production release environment
· Intermediate to advanced (At least 5-10 years’ experience required) level of design/development engineering experience in Exterior Vision or Lighting
· Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
· Exterior Vision/Lighting in-plant launch experience
· Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
· Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
· Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt
· Knowledgeable in regards to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T
· Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Ability to succinctly present ideas and concepts for cost savings to all levels of management
· Experience in working with cross-functional teams (design, purchasing, manufacturing, finance, product engineering), Google Suite, Lotus Notes, MS Project Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
· Highly motivated self-starter Ability to organize and lead projects to completion and meet established targets
· May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record, May be required to travel domestically and internationally 0-20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -082019-112184