G-TECH Services, Inc. Body Component Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Body Exterior Component Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and validation of exterior components (e.g. roof racks, roof ditch molding, badges, exterior trim).
· This will include analyzing the design to ensure it meets requirements and working with the extended vehicle team for production implementation and competitive benchmarking.
· The Body Exterior Component Engineer will execute component standardization and reuse, DVP, best practices and lessons learned and will maintain functional objectives, DFMEA's, DVPR's and standards.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, 2+ years’ experience with Class A exterior ornamentation / interior plastics experience specifically Wheel liners.
· Being familiar with Vacuum forming, thermo forming and injection molding would be helpful.
· Knowledge of Unigraphics NX and Team Center is preferred.
· Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Interior or Exterior Systems.
· Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
· In-plant launch experience preferred.
· Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
· Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
· Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred.
· Knowledgeable in regards to plastics and GD&T.
· Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
· May be required to drive a company car.
· Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -082019-112186