G-TECH Services, Inc. Chassis Component Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Chassis Component Engineer manages the design, development and release of chassis structural components for production vehicles for all global markets. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Ownership of all aspects of design to ensure system and vehicle level functional objectives are met.
· Complete project ownership of engineering deliverables per Project Management KPI (Key Process Indicators), step deliverables and program timing.
· Component design/development/package
· Management of DVPR (Design Verification Plan & Report)
· Component/system/vehicle level validation testing, engineering change management and bill of Material.
· Support prototype builds and issues resolution management.
· Management of CAD models in Team Center system.
· Support production at supplier and manufacturing facilities.
· The Chassis Suspension Design and Release Engineer is responsible for the suspension component and system design, development, and engineering release for production vehicles.
· The Engineer will take part in development of vehicle level functional objectives and work to establish, and achieve, the corresponding component level functional objectives.
· The Engineer will be responsible for the components/system from initial concept, to kinematic/compliance modeling, to structural analysis, to validation, through component and vehicle launch.
· Responsibilities include component design (FMEA), analysis (CAE), vehicle packaging (NX), model/drawing integrity (Teamcenter), development, component validation (DVP&R, change management (CN), engineering bill of material (EBOM/CODEP), build support, issue management (GIMS), fastened joint design, and assembly torque development.
Requirements / Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· If a recent college graduate then GPA minimum of 3.0
· Two (2) years chassis engineering design and development experience
· Demonstrated automotive interest (via hobbies or college project)
· Demonstrated passion to work in automotive industry.
· Experience with problem solving such as Red-X (preferred)
· Experience with robust design such as DFSS (preferred)
· Ability in NX/Teamcenter (preferred)
· 2 years suspension design, development, and validation experience (preferred)
· Experience with FCA release systems (preferred)
· Master of Science Degree in Engineering (preferred)
· SAE collegiate design project team experience (preferred)
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -082019-112251