G-TECH Services, Inc. Chassis Component Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Chassis Component Engineer manages the design, development and release of chassis structural components for production vehicles for all global markets. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Ownership of all aspects of design to ensure system and vehicle level functional objectives are met.
· Complete project ownership of engineering deliverables per Project Management KPI (Key Process Indicators), step deliverables and program timing.
· Component design/development/package
· Management of DVPR (Design Verification Plan & Report)
· Component/system/vehicle level validation testing, engineering change management and bill of Material.
· Support prototype builds and issues resolution management.
· Management of CAD models in Team Center system.
· Support production at supplier and manufacturing facilities.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
· Entry level candidates with previous SAE, Baja or Formula experience in college
· Ability to construct system and component level DVP's and DFMEA's.
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment and be able to perform job responsibilities with little supervision
· Ability to use logical thinking to construct work plans to resolve complex issues with conflicting requirements across multiple organizations.
· Demonstrated team leadership abilities.
· Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively present to upper management.
· Demonstrated passion to work in the auto industry.
· 3+ years of experience with chassis suspension component design and development.
· Experience with robust design such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
· Ability in NX/Teamcenter
· Possess strong skills with DFMEA, DVP&R and PAP
· Experience with the client’s release systems
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112019-113168