G-TECH Services, Inc. Connected Services Feature Owner in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Connected Vehicle Team is revolutionizing the vehicle ownership experience through the invention of software products delivered to customers through a variety of digital touchpoints including mobile apps, websites, and in-vehicle infotainment systems. The Connected Services Feature Owner responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to recognize feature opportunities and develop the vision, functional objectives, epic user stories, logical architectures, and UX/UI concepts that meet the needs.
• Lead feature definition end-to-end across all customer interaction channels (i.e. in-vehicle, call center, mobile app and web) that meet the product vision and objectives. Prioritize requirements for downstream teams to support iterative development and minimal viable product (MVP) definition.
• Ensure feature definitions provide robust customer experiences and flexibility to support multiple regions and future product evolution.
• Work with customer channel and system component owners to ensure feature is delivered in a way that meets feature objectives and has a consistent cross-channel experience.
• Represent the feature to product development teams throughout the product development lifecycle to ensure resulting product meets the feature vision and objectives.
• Communicates status, risks and escalations to the leadership team.
• Monitor and communicate in market feature performance and lead resolution for production issues.
• Create and maintain communications regarding vision and progress like a feature roadmap and release plan.
• Create contractual project related documentation like a requirements specification or statement of work.
• Bachelors/Master’s degree Electrical, Computer, Information Technology or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience in a product definition or systems engineering role for software-based consumer products.
• Strong leadership and technical skills to lead cross-functional teams and align stakeholders.
• Technical skills including:
• Understanding software systems and products
• Ability to review designs and ensure they meet best practices
• Experience testing or verifying software meets acceptance criteria
• The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team with a proven ability to work cross-functionally with designers, coders, integrators and business teams.
• Strong relationship-building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of an organization.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and tasks judiciously.
• Strong listening, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees.
• Ambition and the ability to be self-directed.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Master of Science in Electrical, Computer, Information Technology or equivalent
• Experience with automotive connected vehicle, Internet-of-Things, vehicle infotainment products, mobile apps and/or customer web portals.
• Experience reading/writing requirements using DOORs.
• Experience in a Scrum Product Owner or similar role in an agile environment.
• Experience using Atlassian Jira Agile ( www.atlassian.com/software/jira/agile) .
• Experience modeling business or software processes using BPMN constructs.
• Experience capturing and managing software requirements as User Stories.
• Experience facilitating backlog refinement.
• Experience delivering a product used globally (multilingual and localized).
• Experience creating release notes, user documentation, and/or training materials.
• Experience writing a requirements specification or statement of work.
Category Automotive Connectivity
Req ID JN -062021-115952