G-TECH Services, Inc. Connected Services Validation Engineer - Intermediate - PSP - EC1294 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Connected Services Validation Engineer – Intermediate will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
· User Acceptance Testing- Testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios, per specifications.
· Test Case Creation – Create test cases based off specifications. Questions specification author if requirements are not clear.
· Defect Management -- Participating in Standard Defect Management practices: defect creation, clarification, retesting, and verification.
· The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating clear, accurate, and reproducible defects from which a developer can resolve defects.
· Root Cause Analysis – Performing the first level of triage of a defect during testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering degree.
· 2 ½ -5 years of experience in Telematics is required.
· Must be relevant work experience.
· 2 ½ years of experience with CAN.
· Linux/QNX/Command Line and/or Telnet.
· Test case writing.
· Ticket/defect management experience.
· In-vehicle Connected Vehicle Application experience (i.e. cloud/SDP).
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Fast Learner, clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
· Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
· Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering.
· Experience with CAPL.
· Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies within the connected vehicle Travel and Driving Notes: Will be required to drive a company drive.
· A valid driver’s license as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically up to 20%.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -102020-114727