G-TECH Services, Inc. Desktop Designer/Printing Production Specialist in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Desktop Designer/Printing Production Specialist performs a variety of technical and support services involving printing and production operations; assist with cost analysis and establishes and maintains production schedules; performs related duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Develop specifications, coordinates, schedules and facilitates printing and production services; review bids; organizes and implements a production work schedule for processing requests; develops and maintains job log for assigned projects; creates and implements an accountability system for each phase of the production schedule to insure the timely completion and availability of projects; researches, evaluates, and forecasts trends in commercial printing technology and processes; provides direction and support during schedule interruptions to accommodate emergency requests.
· Provides consultation and assistance to internal stakeholders during project development regarding the printing production process including how to coordinate and facilitate the project's requirements in a timely manner, formulating and preparing print requests, choosing appropriate paper and ink/color combinations, and the impact of choosing the appropriate paper quality for the finished print job; recommends various printing techniques; recommends cost reducing methods as well as cost analysis and timeline impacts for specified projects; acts as a resource to advise appropriate printing and production methods to meet print needs within budgeted goals; coordinates and manages printing and production requirements with outside vendors as necessary.
· Work directly with our design team to ensure visual and brand integration as required.
· Assist with retouching tasks, including cropping, resizing, color manipulation, and removing artifacts to be compatible with project and legal requirements.
· Revise designs to incorporate required changes and ensure creative excellence standards as required. o Including: Web-based initiatives, including courseware, web sites and portals. Print materials, including brochures, banners, posters, displays, and other collateral
· Maintain a thorough understanding of current organizations advertising/marketing themes to ensure message consistency and impact.
· Assist in the collection and distribution of graphic assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary.
· Fulfill any miscellaneous requests.
· Degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
· 5-10 years of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including experience working as a lead in business printing and production needs.
· Have a strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
· Understand the importance of branding and visual communications.
· Have strong proofreading skills and an eye for design and layout.
· Be energetic, creative, proactive, goal-oriented, and passionate about your job responsibilities/position.
· Knowledgeable of Print shop operations including the relationship between graphic artwork, offset and digital printing, and printing products; procedures for estimating job costs, supplies, and related materials and resources.
· Maintaining print schedule formats to project needs; standard software applications and desktop publishing programs including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft outlook, Excel and other related programs.
· Extensive customer service experience; experience in print and production cost analysis; maintain a positive relationship with the internal printing and purchasing departments.
· Experience in Web design and development.
· Good oral communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively and collectively in a team environment
Req ID JN -122019-113323