G-TECH Services, Inc. Development Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Development Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems/devices for passenger cars and trucks. The Engineer will develop efficient and cost-effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools.
· Develop power electronic devices DVP & R.
· Define and carry out all required development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
· Participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis.
· Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufactural without defect.
· Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
· T he Development Engineer will define and carry out all required bench development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in electronics and circuit design and/or development
· Thorough understanding of power electronics and devices
· DVP&R and DFMEA creation & execution experience
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Understanding of Electrical Engineering standards/protocols, and of power electronics/devices
· Highly motivated and self-starter
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
· Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
· 2-5 years of experience
· Power electronics / electrical models, simulation experience, and FEA
· Power electronics specifications expertise
· Electric motor & powertrain controls experience
· Design and release experience
· Hybrid / high voltage experience
· Supplier program management experience
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -102021-116693