G-TECH Services, Inc. EE Component Design and Release Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The EE Component Design and Release Engineer is responsible for EE component design, development, packaging, testing, calibration, and releasing.
· The Engineer will interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications.
· The candidate will also: Develop component level specifications; participate in Product Assurance Planning (Program Management); manage the supplier of the components; and component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVRR (Design Validation and Reliability Report), and Timing Proactive Quality Plan.
· The candidate will participate in Reactive Quality Problem Solving and will be supporting Supplier Quality during Process Sign-off (PS) and PFMEA reviews (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
· In addition, the Engineer will be releasing components via Change Management System (CN's) and will interface with EMEA, APAC and LATAM counterparts on global commonality. Some travel to Mexico (supplier plant), EMEA, APAC, LATAM and other client assembly plants.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
· 3+ years of electronic ECU development and releasing experience
· Full understanding of automotive electronic ECU development process
· Experience managing or developing embedded software
· Strong leadership skills (prepared to lead a supplier team)
· Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
· Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers. Proficient in Labview, Teststand, Veristand, CAPL
· Familiar with cryptographic principals.
· Familiar with ethernet and CAN/CAN-FD protocols.
· Outstanding communication and organization skills
· Experience with electric power steering and rear steer functionality is preferred.
Travel and Driving Requirements:
· Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112019-112954