G-TECH Services, Inc. EE Component Design and Release Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The EE Component Design and Release Engineer is responsible for EE component design, development, packaging, testing, calibration, and releasing.
· The Engineer will interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications.
· The candidate will also: Develop component level specifications; participate in Product Assurance Planning (Program Management); manage the supplier of the components; and component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVRR (Design Validation and Reliability Report), and Timing Proactive Quality Plan.
· The candidate will participate in Reactive Quality Problem Solving and will be supporting Supplier Quality during Process Sign-off (PS) and PFMEA reviews (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
· In addition, the Engineer will be releasing components via Change Management System (CN's) and will interface with EMEA, APAC and LATAM counterparts on global commonality.
· Some travel to Mexico (supplier plant), EMEA, APAC, LATAM and client assembly plants.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university.
· 2+ years of automotive experience dealing with components that have mechanical, electronic, and software aspects.
· Strong leadership skills (prepared to lead a supplier team).
· Outstanding communication and organization skills.
· Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
· Understanding of automotive development process.
· Experience with Integrated Center Stack (ICS) or smart switches.
· Experience managing or developing embedded software
· Electronic ECU development and releasing experience
· Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers.
Travel and Driving Requirements:
· Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· May be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -082019-112260