G-TECH Services, Inc. Electrical Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· Working in a team environment, in conjunction with a supplier team, to design, develop, verify, and release automotive powertrain electronics into clint’s vehicles.
· Primary components are Transmission and Final Drive controllers.
· The candidate will be required to work in a team environment including CLIENT’S and supplier engineers to develop and release automotive powertrain electronics for CLIENT’S vehicles.
· The candidate will be a member of the team responsible for transmission and driveline electronic control modules.
· Release component(s) into CLIENT’S releasing system.
· Develop module specifications, FMEAs, test specifications and source packages.
· Design and/or verify circuit designs.
· Lead / participate in issue resolution activities during development, vehicle launch, and/or warranty periods.
· Support effort to incorporate module(s) into CLIENT’S vehicle electrical systems.
· Work with supplier on new module package designs to conform to CLIENT’S vehicle environmental requirements
· Lead / participate in teams to develop the required vehicle function control requirements that are incorporated into the controllers.
· Prototype possible cost saving or development issue solutions in hardware and/or software in conjunction with supplier.
· Lead / participate in technical coordination meetings and trips to supplier for component technical reviews.
· Support activities with corporate supplier quality and purchasing areas.
· Support corporate quality in the areas of plant and field issue resolution.
· Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or other related Engineering degree
· Minimum of 5 years of engineering work experience
· Possess outstanding interpersonal and critical thinking skills
· Possess outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
· Understanding of the operation of transmission, hybrid, or 4WD and AWD systems (mechanical and electrical)
· Ability to travel
· Component releasing experience
· Experience with electronic module design
· Familiarity with microcontroller design and embedded software design
Travel and Driving Requirements
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
· Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record
Category Electrical Engineering
Req ID JN -102019-112623