G-TECH Services, Inc. GNSS Positioning Development Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Automated Driving Advanced Development team is actively searching for a development engineer specializing in High-resolution GNSS Positioning and Lane-level Localization solutions for Automated Driving within the organizations ecosystem. This is a hands-on role with a focus on GNSS positioning, GNSS correction services, GNSS receivers and antennas, Inertial Measurement Unit, and associated Positioning software. This team and the selected candidate will develop and maintain expertise needed for the organization to select, integrate, and launch an end-to-end Positioning hardware / software solution. We are looking for a self-starter with good engineering judgement and the curiosity/motivation to learn as the technology progresses. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop/model functional requirements by working closely with Feature Owners.
• Interact closely with a variety of engineering domains, including Mapping, High Precision Localization, Vehicle Connectivity, and Backend services, in order to develop the requirements necessary to develop and integrate
• Positioning technology and components into the organizations architectures, vehicle platforms (prototype and production), and ECUs.
• Manage Positioning suppliers and act as a technical interface to these suppliers.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Minimum of 5 years Systems Engineering experience in a related field
• Working level knowledge of GNSS Positioning and Localization technologies required for Highly Automated Driving, inclusive of:
• Technical expertise in global geospatial positioning and applicable sensing/correction technologies such as GPS/RTK/IMU
• Ground truth reference level sensors
• Triangulation theory and methodologies
• Antenna technologies and techniques
• Packaging and thermal load requirements
• Dead reckoning design theory, technologies and techniques
• Understanding of GNSS correction services
• Functionally safe fusion of absolute and relative localization components
• Positioning accuracy analysis and improvements
• Qualitative measures to understand the reliability of positioning data
• Working level knowledge of visual odometry and egomotion
• Basic knowledge of High Precision Localization, SLAM based map matching algorithms, and visualization tools
• Basic knowledge about the automotive development process
• Basic knowledge of programming for engineers such as Python or MATLAB
• Demonstrated ability to author and release engineering level technical documents
• Demonstrated ability to lead joint testing activities with the component suppliers
• Good knowledge of English language.
• Education: Master’s degree in Engineering
• Working level knowledge of sensor fusion techniques for safety critical systems
• Knowledge of environmental sensing technologies required for AD/ADAS systems
Category Autonomous Vehicle
Req ID JN -062021-116005