G-TECH Services, Inc. Instrument Engineer - in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The emissions instrumentation service group is looking for an engineer who will be responsible for providing technical support for emissions related test equipment belonging to Propulsion Systems Testing & Analysis in Auburn Hills, MI. Responsibilities will include: preventative maintenance and repair of emissions related test equipment, identification and procurement of repair parts, EPA certification compliance, calibration of reference equipment on an annual basis, meeting internal targets for test cell downtime, and supporting instrumentation related continuous improvement projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have a deep background and understanding of emissions testing and emissions test equipment including: emissions benches, gas analyzers, micro soot sensors, particle counters, Cambustion fast response analyzers, and FTIRs. The emissions instrumentation engineer will also be required to work effectively with all levels of management, UAW represented employees, hardware and software engineers and suppliers.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• 3-5 years of work experience in an automotive or emissions testing environment
• Experience working with skilled trades and other UAW represented employees
• Strong coaching and leadership skills
• Familiarity with engine testing equipment including exhaust emissions, pressures, temperatures, load cells, torque meters, and flow meters
• Familiarity with emissions specific testing equipment including emission benches, gas analyzers, micro soot sensors, particle counters, BMD, CVS, and FTIR.
• 5+ years of work experience in an automotive or emissions testing environment
• Familiarity with data acquisition, hardware control systems, and software systems relative to the operation of emission benches and emissions related instrumentation
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -102022-119023