G-TECH Services, Inc. Interior – Systems and Components Cost Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· Individual is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes).
· Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost for Interior components and systems using activity based costing methodologies. Individual provides subject matter expertise (cost & process) to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership.
· Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and identify gaps should cost models be developed by the candidate
· Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred (however, only candidates with minimum number of years’ experience will be considered)
· 5+ years (with degree) or 10+ years (without degree) of experience in Costing OR Manufacturing of Interior components with the following commodities: Hard Trim, Soft Trim, and Overhead Consoles
· Activity based costing experience.
· Strong negotiation, leadership, interpersonal & communication skills required.
· Must be detail oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details simultaneously.
· Occasional day trips with possible overnight travel may be required; potential international travel.
· Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· May be required to travel domestically and internationally 20%
Req ID JN -112019-112995