G-TECH Services, Inc. Mechanical Engineer - Associate in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Mechanical Engineer – Associate will be responsible for the design, development and release efforts for automotive components from inception to production. The Mechanical Engineer – Associate will be involved with current production components in addition to future development programs. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
· Design vehicle components from concept and prototype build levels to production, including characteristics from Lessons Learned in other programs and the COE engineering requirements.
· Develop statement of work/source package for the component supplier.
· Assess component suppliers to determine their technical competence to manufacture the component.
· Develop DFMEA’s to identify potential failure modes and DVP&Rs to ensure that functional objectives are met by the component design and validation is completed.
· Design the component for manufacturability and assembly, as well as work with other Product Engineers with interfacing components and systems.
· Participate in post-test reviews including failure analysis, and work closely with suppliers and manufacturing plants to ensure that design changes are robust and feasible for manufacturing.
· Lead global cross functional teams to develop parts which meet all regions requirements.
· Define “No Touch” zones on the components during assembly.
· Critique the manufacturing equipment and functions on the supplier floor with Supplier Quality engineer.
· Assess near production level parts, material dunnage and line delivery plans with the global teams, including the suppliers.
· Track warranty items, work with supplier quality personnel to address manufacturing and quality concerns.
· Deliver all functional and manufacturing aspects for the component.
· May be required to operate a company vehicle. Valid driver's license is required along with a clean driving record.
· BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
· 0-3 years plus related experience with mechanical engineering component design
· Good communication, presentation and technical report writing skills (comfortable interfacing with business partners of all levels).
· Engineer must be experienced with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
· Good teamwork skills, ability to work independently and to manage suppliers
· Knowledge of releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies.
· Passion for, interest in and hands on working knowledge of cars
· Experience releasing components at an OEM or large Tier 1 company.
· Demonstrated experience in supplier management.
Req ID JN -102019-112712