G-TECH Services, Inc. Mechanical Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Responsible for designing and developing core gasoline engine components and systems such as turbochargers, water pumps and plumbing for low system restriction, thermostats, oil pumps, oil pick-up tubes, piston cooling jets, etc. Includes creating technical source packages, DFMEA's, DVP&R's, assuring engineering best practices are followed and maintaining development on time. Also responsible for issue solving root cause analysis, identifying solutions and implementing corrective actions.
· BS degree required in Mechanical Engineering preferred from an ABET accredited university.
· 1-3 years related experience with mechanical engineering component design preferred.
· Good communication, presentation and technical report writing skills (comfortable interfacing with business partners of all levels).
· Engineer must be experienced with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
· Good teamwork skills, ability to work independently and to manage suppliers.
· Knowledge of releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies.
· MBA or Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university.
· Passion for, interest in and hands on working knowledge of cars.
· Experience releasing components at an OEM or large Tier 1 company.
· Demonstrated experience in supplier management.
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -122020-115069