G-TECH Services, Inc. Metallic Materials Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· Work with product development engineers to develop material/process preferred practices selections to enable 10 year corrosion resistance.
· Develop laboratory tests to validate performance objectives and enable light weight technologies.
· Engineering degree with welding experience is required
· 3 years of relevant experience required.
· Primary requirement is arc welding experience.
· Ideal candidate will have resistance welding experience.
· Welding Engineer – Arc
· Provide support to and collaborate with product development, manufacturing weld process and materials engineers in defining lightweight, corrosion-resistant and volume production robust weld joints through proper selection of process parameters, materials and definition of associated part geometry
· Develop and oversee laboratory tests in support of product design development, evaluation of new welding technologies and approval of new material substrates, weld wires, and solders
· Maintain corporate engineering design, material, and process standards that govern welding and weld materials
· Remain abreast of emerging welding technologies through literature research and participation in industrial technical consortia activities
· Provide technical consultation to Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and corporate supplier base with respect to pre-production and volume production builds
· Provide assistance in product root cause analysis by leveraging the FCA Materials Engineering laboratory via test request generation and data analysis
· Assist in the identification and initiation of corrective actions
· Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Welding, Metallurgical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university
· Three years relevant welding engineering experience
· Preferred Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Science or greater degree in Welding or Metallurgical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
· Practical manufacturing welding experience – arc and resistance welding
· Technical expertise and related experience in applying welding science – arc and resistance welding
· Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
· Strong leadership abilities, multitasking ability and problem solving skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and a "can-do" attitude
· Product design engineering experience
Req ID JN -092019-112419