G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Controls Engineer - Associate in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Associate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements• Develop implementation strategies.
Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement•
Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements.
Validate the design during the production process.
Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress,
and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy
design to achieve functional objectives
· BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
· 0-3 years of engineering work experience.
· Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
· Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer based tools (CAN/LIN bus tools such as CANoe/CANape) and process based development.
· Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R), control plans and agile software development.
· Embedded software experience desirable.
· Electronic module/system experience desirable.
· Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -012021-115186