G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Design Release Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Design Release Engineer will be responsible to design, develop and release Exhaust Systems to support one or more vehicle lines for all powertrain combinations and brand differentiation requirements. The Engineer will meet system and component functional objectives for flow characteristics, durability, NVH and back pressure, while meeting cost, weight and investment targets, addressing sharing strategy of subcomponents. Other tasks include: Developing system DVP&R, DFMEA and function models, incorporating Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) learnings / best practices and leveraging best practices when addressing system performance specifications, creating drawings and system validation. The Engineer will be required to interact with suppliers, Manufacturing, Purchasing and cross-functional engineering groups. Some travel will be required to supplier and corporate assembly plants -- including Canada and Mexico.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited university.
· 1 year of engineering experience.
· Master's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
· 1 year of engineering experience in exhaust system design and development / engineering releasing activity.
· Experience with GT Power modeling and exhaust tuning Green/Black Belt in Shainin or Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
· Knowledge of systems and/or products NX CAD and/or Teamcenter skills.
· Ability to read drawings and understand and apply GD&T Experience in design, releasing and development of automotive components through launch phase.
· Understanding of exhaust systems and/or background with Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
· Experience with Advance Quality tools such as DFSS, DFMEA, DVPR, and Function Models.
· Familiar with vehicle assembly processes.
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ambitious and effective teamwork abilities.
· Detail oriented.
· Strong Microsoft office skills.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills.
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
· Ability to lead and manage suppliers.
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -012021-115144