G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Design Release Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· Design and develop Driveline & Axle Components and Assemblies using established best practice principles. The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R).
Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing
of components and the documentation of those activities.
Resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as
Participate in the team and subgroups in Creating, reviewing and
updating corporate design best practices, conducting benchmarking exercises and
reviewing and critiquing Corporate Designs.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
· Entry level Engineer will be considered if a strong candidate, but prefer at least 1.5 years of experience on Driveline / Axles components with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Driveline & Axles operation and components.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
· Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers.
· Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Engine/Transmission / Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including Canada & Mexico.
· Green/black belt in Shainin or DFSS desirable.
· CAE/CFD experiences on Powertrain structure.
· Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle (preferred).
· Working knowledge of Driveline and Axle components, forgings, Casting, machining and Injection Molding processes.
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -012021-115123