G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Engine OBD Calibration Engineer - Assoc in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Powertrain Engine OBD Calibration Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing best practice calibration solutions and performing diagnostic verification testing.
· The Powertrain Engine OBD Calibration Engineer will manage all technical aspects of the OBD diagnostic calibrations to meet CARB regulations, identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system, use standard instrumentation toolsets for data acquisition, storage, and analysis, calibrate diagnostic thresholds to meet CARB regulations, and provide regular overview summaries and detailed reports on specific assignments, including timing projections.
· The Candidate should expect to travel 2 - 4 weeks throughout the year for system validation/verification. The Engineers report directly to Supervisors and operate under the general direction of the Department Manager. 0-3 years' of experience required.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
· Minimum of 1 year of prior vehicle calibration experience of spark ignition engines
· Fundamental knowledge of internal combustion engines and powertrain calibrations
· Experience working cross functionally with multiple organizations
· Working knowledge of calibration tools (INCA /ATI), emissions regulations, and powertrain technologies.
· Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
· Self-motivated and proactive detail oriented individual
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to upper management
· Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
· 5+ years of experience in engine development, powertrain systems development /engine calibration /control systems development / diagnostics within the automotive industry
· Calibration process knowledge using design of experiments and advanced optimization techniques
· Proficient in advanced simulation tools
· Proficient in MatLab / Simulink
· Proficient in MS-Office or Google pc-computer presentation software programs/tools
· Knowledge/Understanding of CAN Communication protocols
Driving and Travel Requirements:
· Will be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -102019-112628