G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Powertrain VF Systems & Validation Engineer is responsible for the creation of Vehicle Functional documents (VF) which define high level electrification requirements to meet the Customer Functional Objectives (CFOs). The selected candidate will be responsible for the creation of associated documents to the VF such as Failure Modes & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Component Functional Technical Specification (CFTS), Design Validation Plan (DVP) as well as the Design Validation Plan Results (DVP&R). The selected candidate will also be responsible for validation of the software implementation of their vehicle functions utilizing various methods -- Hardware in the Loop (HIL), system bench and vehicles. Additionally, work with other vehicle disciplines to ensure the vehicle function as defined from both a hardware and software are compatible and meet corporate standards. Lastly, will be a participant in Requirement Analysis Reviews (RAR), Sub-System Team (SST) meetings, subsystem FMEAs, development testing, root cause analysis and corrective action teams.
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science Engineering from an Abet University.
· 2+ yrs of automotive powertrain system development.
· Electrification Principles of Automobiles.
· Automotive communication protocols.
· CAN, LIN, SPI.
· Vehicle electrical architecture and wiring schematics.
· Documentation applications.
· Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
· Communication Tools- Vector CANalyzer or CANoe, ETAS INCA.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication.
· Leadership qualities to lead cross functional team development meetings.
· Proficiency in analytical reasoning and troubleshooting of complicated issues.
· Multi-tasked, organized and self-directed. IBM DOORS experience is a plus.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -012021-115164