G-TECH Services, Inc. Product Engineer - Senior in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family.
· Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
· Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
· Responsible for designing and developing product/product family with special emphasis on Sealing design, development, manufacturing and Warranty in dynamic and static applications.
· Establish and maintain Best Practice documents pertaining to rotating shaft seals, O-rings, gaskets, RTV and other seals.
· Test finished product for quality / validations purposes and recommend changes to product specifications as necessary.
· Understands Powertrain/Axle/Driveline components designs specifically seals including but not limited to rotating shaft seals, O-rings, gaskets, RTV and other seals to achieve required durability, functional targets, within the program timeline.
· Create plan and associated documents: FBD, FM. DFMEA, DVP&R.
· Execute the plan. Manage cost, timing, weight, etc.
· Initiate and Support the Problem Solving activity and continuous improvement actions to improve warranty, cost, and durability.
· Coordinate and interface Component Design, Materials selections, Manufacture and Assembly with Manufacturing Plants, Suppliers and other functional areas within Company.
· Work with CAE to run FEA to perform Virtual analysis (Stress, Fatigue, NVH, CFD etc.) to validate Design/design changes analytically.
· Verify and Test the Effectiveness of Quality Assurance systems at Supplier (APQP, PPAP, and PSO). Benchmark competitive design & Process.
· Understands and fluent with industry standards and best practices related to Seal designs, materials, processes, tests/validations and be able to provide COE recommendations and guidelines related to seals, to Powertrain/Axle/Driveline team for client.
· Be able to assess all current Seal designs and propose future design changes to improve durability, reduce costs and lower Warranty.
· BSME or equivalent is required
· 10-year experience preferred -Strong work ethic - Entry Level will not be considered.
· Excellent oral, written, presentation, and computer skills
· Core drive train design and development DFMEA, DVP&P, FBD FM, etc.
· Axle Design and/or drive-line / Transmission Sealing Design and development experience strongly preferred
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -102019-112675