G-TECH Services, Inc. Quality Engineer - JLL101 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure the company's products and processes meet established quality standards by identifying shortfalls, developing corrective measures, and implementing quality control systems. The successful Quality Engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills to ensure that processes and products consistently meet or exceed established quality standards.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Perform root cause analysis of quality issues to analyze quality performance utilizing statistical, analytical and advance problem solving tools.
and implement cost-effective permanent corrective actions.
quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure correlation.
with Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not
engineering changes, working with cross-functional teams to ensure timely
product evaluation requests to ensure robustness of product or process changes
before full implementation.
and validate rework procedures• Develop inspection procedures and best
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or applicable Technical Engineering Degree from an accredited university.
· 3+ years practical experience in Automotive Engineering or Supplier Quality.
· Prior application and use of problem solving tools, root cause analysis, and corrective actions to support Aftermarket Accessories and Performance Parts.
· Knowledge of GD&T and SPC to conduct on-site supplier product evaluations and part quality reviews.
· Strong proficiency in MS Office applications & G-Suite tools to analyze data and documentation, including presentation skills.
· Excellent critical thinking and leadership skills to work directly with suppliers on process improvements, inspection enhancements and packaging solutions.
· Ability to collect and synthesize data into meaningful information and communicate clearly to all levels of the organization.
· Must be self-motivated, results driven, able to work cross functionally with Engineering teams to develop robust rework procedures to assure process is being followed by Supplier/3rd party.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills for positive Supplier interaction.
· Master of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or applicable Technical Engineering Degree from an accredited university.
· May be required to drive a company vehicle – valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
· May be required to travel – Domestic & International (0-20%).
Req ID JN -072020-114415