G-TECH Services, Inc. Radar Component Development Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Automated Driving Advanced Development team is actively searching for a Radar Component Development Engineer. This is a systems engineering position with a focus on sensors, particularly RADAR sensors. As the owner of the RADAR component within the organizations ecosystem, you will develop and maintain expertise needed for organization to select, integrate, and launch RADAR products. You will develop/model sensor functional requirements by working closely with Feature Owners. You will also interact closely with a variety of engineering domains in order to develop the requirements necessary to integrate RADAR components into the organizations prototype and production vehicles. We are looking for a self-starter with good engineering judgement, a solid background in physics, and the curiosity/motivation to learn as the technology progresses. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Integrate RADAR sensors into the organizations vehicles and electrical architectures
• Develop Functional Requirements based on Use Cases, Scenarios, and Operational Design Domain
• Support the efforts of adjacent teams to integrate RADAR, for example Software Integration, Networking, Systems Architecture, Body, etc.
• Consolidate requirements from internal customers into one cohesive set of Radar requirements for each program
• Author documentation that will be used for integration and sourcing of Radar components (RFI/RFQ, PF, SOWs, etc.)
• Prototype Vehicle Support
• Provide support to internal teams working with Radar to troubleshoot, root cause, and resolve performance and integration issues
• Data collection and analysis for KPI calculation, issue resolution, benchmarking
• Assist in developing organization’s RADAR technology roadmap
• Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on Radar technology and supplier capability
• Competitive benchmarking of Radar technology
• Provide internal reports and market analysis
• Manage Radar suppliers and act as main organizations technical interface to these suppliers
• Evaluation of technical proposals from RADAR suppliers.
• Collect information necessary for internal teams to complete engineering analysis
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Strong knowledge of engineering physics, including the equations of motion, electricity and magnetism, and RF
• Basic knowledge about the automotive development process.
• Basic knowledge of programming for engineers such as Python or MATLAB
• Basic understanding of statistics
• Basic understanding of Ethernet and CAN networking
• Basic knowledge of Driver Assistance systems, such as:
• Longitudinal control systems (Autonomous Emergency braking and Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, Intelligent Speed Assistance);
• Lateral control systems (Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Centering, Blind Spot and Active Blind Spot monitoring);
• Low speed maneuvering systems (Parking assistance, Semi and Full Autonomous Parking Systems, Rear and surround viewing systems);
• Driver monitoring systems.
• Organization and follow-through
• Excellent ability to work in a team and within a complex organization.
• High sense of independence and self-responsibility.
• Good knowledge of English language.
• Education: Master’s degree in Engineering
• Specialized education or research in Optics, RF systems, Electronic Materials, Remote Sensing
• Experience working directly with ADAS/AD Sensors, such as Radar, RADAR, Camera, and Ultrasonics.
• Experience in authoring system/component level requirements oriented to supplier selection through tenders / competitive bids.
• Experience in System Engineering
• Experience in the development of Driving Assistance and Automated Driving systems, including in-vehicle activities and exposure to test drives / field Operation testing activities.
• Knowledge of environmental sensing/machine vision technologies required for ADAS and Automated Driving systems inclusive of most of the following:
• Lane/object detection/classification;
• SOCs/antenna design/radomes/detectors/lenses, imager system technologies, image processing and data filtering techniques;
• Understanding of sensor fusion techniques.
• Knowledge of system requirements engineering required for automated driving inclusive of most of the following:
• EE architecture topologies
• System functional partitioning
• Failure analysis
• Data collection / re-simulation through HIL / SIL techniques.
• Knowledge about the main worldwide reference requirements in term of automotive Active Safety assessments / rating (EuroNCAP, US-NCAP/NHTSA, IIHS);
• Knowledge of tools for vehicle data analysis and logging (Canalyzer, CANAPE, ADTF,…)
• Knowledge of localization techniques (SLAM, HD mapping, precision GPS, correction services integration)
• Knowledge of Robotic Operating System (ROS)
Category Autonomous Vehicle
Req ID JN -062021-116003