G-TECH Services, Inc. Test Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Test Engineer will define and carry out all required development / validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
· They will participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews; including detailed failure analysis.
· The Test Engineer handles the tasks of designing, developing protocols and testing reports for testing automobile products to meet product requirements.
· Job includes verification and validation of test plans, test procedures, test reports, developing testing methodology, techniques, and standards.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited University.
· 0-3 years of experience in automotive test engineering
· Hardware In the Loop development/verification
· Database management
· Strong knowledge of statics, solids and dynamics
· Experience in performing Fatigue analysis of vehicle/engine components to validate engine design
· Experience in strain gaging vehicle/engine components to acquire data in engine-dyno and at Proving Grounds
· Experience in conducting bench and vibration fatigue testing of vehicle/engine components in the lab
· Experience using statistical tools to predict fatigue life and correlate to CAE models
· Experience with MS Office and Google
· Experienced in working closely with the engine platform to solve engine durability issues
· Experience with Matlab, Simulink, Data Acquisition, Excel
· Data Acquisition and Durability test experience
· Experience with assorted transducers, accelerometers, proximity probes, etc
· Experience with N-Code or similar data analysis software Other Requirements
· Experience with Powertrain CAE
· Experience with data acquisition hardware/software (DEWETRON or LMS Equipment a plus)
· Strong knowledge of Stress-Strain analysis and Wheatstone bridge theory
Travel and Driving Requirements:
· Will be required to drive a company car. Valid Driver’s License is required as well as a clean driving record
· Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Req ID JN -122019-113293