G-TECH Services, Inc. Transmission Controls Engineer - Intermediate - PJH47 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Transmission Controls Engineer - Intermediate will be responsible for following agile development methods to support the design, development, implementation and testing of various drive strategy controls specifically related to shift scheduling, tcc release/lock-up, but may also include line pressure control, shift-by-wire, signal integrity and management, shift lever analysis and implementation. This role also has the possibility to support product reviews on current/advanced transmission products to ensure controls are implemented to meet controllability, robustness, and durability requirements as well as propose/design algorithm changes as needed.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Design and develop transmission control algorithms and validate these changes for production implementation.
· Create requirements for implementing these algorithms into transmission software.
· Perform verification and validation of these algorithms using SIL/HIL and in vehicle.
· Establish and execute design verification plans for control logic development.
· Conduct design failure mode effects analysis for control logic changes.
· Support transmission hardware improvements, cost reduction efforts through control logic development and other quality initiatives.
· Support transmission calibration efforts by contributing to calibration guide and base calibration development.
· Support calibration verification and release transmission calibrations for production.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
· Minimum 3-5 year of engineering experience, however, an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement.
· Basic understanding of powertrain functions (transmission, engines, driveline).
· Good overall knowledge of transmission control systems related to drive strategy, shift scheduling, shift-by-wire, signal filtering, oil budgeting, and shift lever analysis.
· Experience in standard development tools, modeling/simulation/development/testing/validation.
· Experience in standard productivity tools (MS Office Suite).
· Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills.
· Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other organizations.
· Highly motivated individual.
· Basic knowledge in micro-controller hardware and embedded software.
· Must be able to work with multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical and controls)
Preferred Requirements :
· Advanced/Master degree in Engineering.
· Deep understanding of powertrain functions and Controls Algorithms focused on conventional combustion engines interfaces with transmissions.
· Minimum of 5-10 years of powertrain development experience.
· Subject matter expertise in transmission controls or specialist in one or more of the following areas:
o Line Pressure control• Transmission Oil Budget Analysis.
o Transmission Oil Usage modelling.
o Shift Scheduling.
o Signal Filtering/Conditioning.
o Shift Lever analysis and implementation.
· Knowledge of "C" programming language utilized in embedded code as well as MATLAB/SimuLink, Amesim, Borland/MSDN, Lauterbach.
· Working experience with automotive development/calibration tools (ETAS, INCA, CDA, Vector, DOORS)
Category Electrical Engineering
Req ID JN -072020-114431