G-TECH Services, Inc. Validation Engineer - Intermediate in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Validation Engineer's responsibilities include performing verification and validation of automotive systems to meet federally regulated guidelines for software performance (OBD), safety requirements, manufacturability, and vehicle functionality.
· The Validation team is responsible for the validation of hardware, software, and vehicle functionality. Responsible for developing master DVP's for Vehicle Validation, creating and managing DVP&R's, the test procedures (including maintaining traceability of test artifacts to requirements), and initial root cause analysis activities.
· Additionally, the team is responsible for properly documenting test procedures and developing new tests as appropriate to enhance coverage.
· The Validation Engineer shall ensure test properties functionality for validating the appropriate functions, performing the tests and entering test results at all I-Points for all programs.
· The engineer will clearly document issues in PITS or GIM, and provide Validation Project Chief all DVP&R results and open issues found.
· The validation engineer provides leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation of testing strategies including traceability from requirements to results to achieve broader testing capabilities across multiple vehicle platforms.
· Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree. Minimum of 2 years of experience/training in Automotive engineering.
· Extensive knowledge of CAN Diagnostic Tools, INCA, and powertrain electrification systems.
· Capable of developing requirements based test plans for powertrain electrification systems.
· Capable of performing vehicle and system level validation. Experience with CANoe/CANalyzer and/or other Diagnostic Equipment.
· Experience with DFMEA and DVP&R processes.
· Proficient in all aspects of project development from vision and scope through all phases of design, development, implementation, deployment and project exit.
· Must be a highly motivated individual and a self-starter Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Travel and Driving Requirements
· Will be required to travel domestically up to 0-20%
· Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Category Electrical Engineering
Req ID JN -022020-113811