G-TECH Services, Inc. Vulnerability Management Specialist Senior - JLL101 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Vulnerability Management Specialist Senior will drive process and execution of discovery, reporting, prioritization and remediation of vulnerabilities across disparate spaces including, but not limited to, operating system (i.e. Windows, Unix, Linux), application, network, and database vulnerabilities. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Drive a program to deliver a portfolio that adheres to policies and standards. This is inclusive of managed and third party applications and services.
Network and System Vulnerability assessments and documentation of corrective/remediation
· Drive the
end-to-end vulnerability lifecycle from discovery to closure.
internal and external threats that could result in unauthorized disclosure,
misuse, alteration, or destruction of customer’s information assets.
and prioritize all vulnerabilities in client environments and provide timely
vulnerability assessment reports to key stakeholders.
timely follow up with patch management and vulnerability remediation in
coordination with Countermeasures personnel.
review, and interpret assessment and scanning results, reduce false positive
findings, and act as a trusted security advisor to the client.
· Learn and
adapt to client’s culture, security strategies, security goals, security
objectives, and security capabilities.
client’s organizational position and posture against emerging and zero day
· Present Vulnerability Assessment Scanning and guidance, False Positive Validation, Compliance Scanning, and scan profile and policy creation.
· Develop and report enterprise-level metrics for vulnerabilities and remediation progress.
demonstrate, and educate stakeholders on the real-world impact of threats and
vulnerability exploitation in a given environment.
multiple customer requests, assessments, and meet customer expectations within
established service levels.
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree.
· Requires 4 years of experience with the following vendor and subsequent security products/features/OS’s:
o Advanced Qualys system architecture and design in a large global multi location environment.
o Experienced in setting up scanning profiles, conducting routine scans of security environments, overseeing remediation efforts.
o Experienced in agent and appliance based vulnerability assessments.
· Background in security threat analysis – ability to determine risk level of identified threats and necessary urgency in remediation.
· Possess strong technical understanding of common network and system vulnerabilities.
· Understanding of networking principles (OSI Model, routing, TCP/IP).
· Windows and Linux operating systems, and basic administration.
· Best practices in common security technologies.
· Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing 24/7 production environment.
· Experience working with cross-business and cross-functional teams in a geographically distributed environment.
· Setting up scanning profiles, conducting routine scans of our environment, overseeing remediation efforts.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
· May be required to drive a company car.
· A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· May be required to travel domestically up to 0%.
Category UX / User Experience
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -072020-114441