G-TECH Services, Inc. Tire Release / Development Engineer in Chelsea, Michigan
This position will be responsible for the design, development, timing and production release of tires. Other responsibilities include quality improvements, cost reduction, weight reduction, efficiency improvements and communicating technical product status to management.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or Chemistry degree from an ABET accredited university.
• 3+ years of experience of of Wheel / Tire product development background, wheel / tire manufacturing background, wheel and tire assembly processing knowledge
• Product quality systems understanding, ability to write and execute a DVP&R for a wheel/tire system application, DFMEA working knowledge.
• Chassis system/component engineering experience.
• Solid understanding of system/component design/development.
• Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
• General understanding of NX, TeamCenter and CoDeP.
• Self-starter with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to summarize and present work to management and cross-functional teams
• Vehicle dynamics background.
• Quality / reliability engineering knowledge.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -092022-118710