G-TECH Services, Inc. Facilities Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
The prospective engineer will be responsible for the successful design and delivery of facility engineering projects in support of automotive engine & powertrain development and validation testing at the Dynamometer Laboratory building, Powertrain Fuel Systems Laboratory and Research & Innovations Center Dyno/Components areas.
• Direct and manage the design, installation, and application of mechanical/electrical systems used in support of engine Research, Development and Components testing.
• Specify, develop and design the facility utility interfaces for test cell mechanical/electrical equipment used to support engine dynamometer and components testing.
• Work in collaboration with customers, test engineers, and support staff to interpret and translate testing needs into accurate mechanical/electrical design documents. Optimize the design of new mechanical/electrical systems to maximize test efficiency and minimize energy consumption.
• Prepare mechanical/electrical system specifications, project timing plans, and Bill of Materials lists for test cell and facility systems.
• Design, modify and adapt fluids systems used to condition engine jacket water, oil, charge air, combustion air and fuel in order to meet changing customer and product needs.
• Interface with safety, EQO and corresponding vendors/suppliers in maintaining building and environmental requirements.
• 3+ years of experience in heat transfer, fluids, mechanical systems modeling, industrial HVAC, refrigeration chillers, evaporative cooling tower systems, and their related controls.
• 3+ years of experience in the following: Industrial process piping systems, materials compatibility and fittings.
o Plant or Facilities Engineering.
o Reading and manipulating AUTOCAD files and using AUTOCAD to prepare mechanical systems.
• 3+ years of experience in 13.2KV and below electrical distribution systems and in troubleshooting of low voltage control systems.
• 3+ years of experience in the following: Industrial electrical distribution systems, materials compatibility and documents.
o Basic PLC system architecture and document manipulation.
o Engine dynamometer drive/control troubleshooting.
o VFD selection and programming of parameters.
• 1+ years of experience with welding, joining, and machine shop operations
• Bachelor (or Master) of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor (or Master) of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge of fuels, lubricants and heat transfer fluids used in engine testing.
• 3 years of experience with mechanical power transmission, drive line components, couplings, machinery installation and rotating equipment alignment.
• Background in internal combustion engine dynamometer testing and related test measurement systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong technical leadership, organization, teamwork and communication skills.
Req ID JN -082022-118536