G-TECH Services, Inc. Manufacturing Eng General in Dearborn, Michigan
The Final Assembly Advanced Feasibility Team is a cross-functional team having the primary responsibility to develop detailed plans for future new model vehicle programs at North American assembly plants. In addition, the team is responsible for updating and managing standards and new technologies. This organization uses data from Factory Information System (FIS) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Monitoring to evaluate throughput & constraints to drive improvements in our manufacturing facilities. The organization is searching for a Constraint Engineer who will be responsible for the following: • Work with Simulation to evaluate programs for impact to current plant constraints & throughput. • Develop SOW & Cost Estimates to support constraint & throughput improvements for all programs. • Work with suppliers to track program FIS/IIoT Monitoring Dashboards. • Assist Assembly Plants & Manufacturing Program Teams (MPT’s) with running, analyzing, & interpreting FIS/IIoT monitoring data. • Support MPT’s with direction, guidance, & interpretation of all FAE standards for data monitoring. • Manage & update standard documentation for constraint analysis & data collection, including alignment with Body & Paint Engineering. • Provide requirements & evaluation during the development of new constraint reports & tools. • Work with IT to develop required enhancements in FIS/IIoT Monitoring. • Ensure knowledge of Plant Throughput Packages & Dashboards to assist with constraint analysis & throughput improvements, including pro forma updates. • Provide support to MPTs with respect to FIS/IIoT Monitoring technical support & standards during launch of programs. • Provide FIS/IIoT Monitoring training & coaching to engineers, managers, & plant personnel. • Manage FAE equipment warehouse storage matrix. • Write CPARS/Aurora orders for programs. • Write MEARS projects. • Manage Non-Prod budget.
• Working knowledge of PLC Logic. • Strong computer skills (Excel, Power Point, CPARS/Aurora, PFR, etc.). • Strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills. • Ability to operate in stressful situations within timing constraints. • Ability to work with minimal direct supervision. • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of Theory of Constraints. • Knowledge in one or more of the following software systems: FIS, CPARS/Aurora, GSPAS/APT.
• Automotive Manufacturing Engineering experience required. • Experience with Final Assembly tooling, processes, and facilities.
• Bachelor degree required.
• Bachelor degree in engineering preferred.
Additional Safety Training/Licensing/Personal Protection Requirements:
Additional Information :
• Some travel may be required to North American Assembly Plants, including Canada & Mexico
Req ID JN -052021-115859