G-TECH Services, Inc. Telematics Systems Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
· Responsible for developing complex technical specifications at system level and sub-system level.
· Works with cross functional groups to develop interoperability interfaces across sub systems and translate them into sub system level requirements for building state-of-the-art connected vehicle systems architecture.
· Responsible for managing technical requirements to multiple sub systems and provide guidance on system design and technologies.
· Take leadership role working closely with Global Service Delivery Network teams, in vehicle ECU teams, wireless carriers to design and develop feature requirements.
· Implement Engineering Design Change Proposals
· Supports Issue Resolution as needed - Create solutions to wireless connectivity, reliability and performance issues found within the development process.
· Build and maintain relationships across the cellular network, WIFI & mobile device
· Work closely with the Validation team to address issues found, review root cause analysis and proposed fixes, and ensure Test Procedures cover current design
· Maintain a product DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
· Manage project timeline to achieve project milestones
· Responsible for DVP&R (Design Verification Process and Report) to validate product according to customer requirements
· Responsible for engineering interfaces between different cloud architecture
· Provide guidance and inputs for feature design verification plans working with requirements engineering teams and feature owners.
· 5 or more years of experience in solution design and product development.
· Experience in Telematics application solution design, embedded modem integration, integration with wireless carrier networks.
· Experience developing software using C /C ++.
· Thorough understanding of CAN and Ethernet
· Thorough understanding of wireless technology (3GPP, LTE)
· Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering
· Wireless Communication
· Deep understanding of Messaging Middleware, Enterprise Service Bus and Service Orchestration is required. Knowledge of API management, API lifecycle is preferred.
· Experience working with telematics communication protocols and knowledge of Internet of Things protocols is highly preferred.
· Experience working with connection manager is highly preferred.
· 5 or more years of experience in automotive solution design and product development.
· Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics engineering, computer engineering or equivalent
· Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering- Wireless Communication
Category Automotive Connectivity
Req ID JN -112018-28454