G-TECH Services, Inc. Business Analytics SQL Developer in Detroit, Michigan
The Business Analytics SQL Developer is an analytical role responsible for development of datasets and reports supporting Tableau and other BI reporting suites to support our internal business teams.
• Develops and maintains custom databases, data marts, objects, extracts and reports.
• Provides data analytic support to BI developers and multiple business teams.
• Performs discovery, gap analysis and other project support steps
• Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data to support evaluation existing and potential trends and issues.
• Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles and methodologies.
• Develops lines of communication to discuss and review results of analysis to management via reports and presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
• Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
• Identifies and resolves challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
• Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
• Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
• Acts as a liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Health Care, Business Intelligence, Data Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics or a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Four (4) + years experience in a Health Care Analyst Role – supporting business decisions through actionable reporting (Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.)
Four (4) + years experience in a Data Analyst role utilizing SQL, ETL, Excel and ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP or others.
Ideal experience will include a minimum of six (6) years work experience across the two areas Health Care Analyst and Data Analyst roles.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
• SQL: Databricks (Primary)
• Write advanced queries and automate refreshes
• Build custom data warehouses and data marts
• Ability to connect Master Data, Transactional Data and Business supplied flat files
• Ability to handle disparate sources, inconsistent internally, and other issues in data
• Other SQL experience is helpful (Hadoop (HIVE), SQL server (TSQL), Postgres, MS Access)
• Excel –experience with data both in Excel and presenting in Excel:
• Advanced functions – ability to clean, prepare and provide users standardized input files
• Data Analysis and reporting abilities
• BI tool support experience – Building custom data objects for specific BI reporting suites.
• Possesses knowledge of Health Insurance or Medicare Advantage business.
• Working knowledge of Health insurance claims or enrollment.
• Strong communication skills are required to understand, interpret, and communicate ideas.
• Strong knowledge and use of existing software packages such as the MS Suite.
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -062022-118068