G-TECH Services, Inc. DIRECTOR OF SECURITY AND CAMPUS SAFETY in Detroit, Michigan
· Responsible for overall planning and directing of the Security and Safety Department.
Develop, implement and administer operational policies and procedures for campus safety and security including: incident reporting, background checks, access control, fire prevention, fire and take shelter drills, lockdown and related procedures;
Provide direct supervision to the Assistant Director of Campus Safety & Security and contracted security services
Develop effective campus-wide communication and informational programming regarding campus safety and security policies and procedures.
· Implement all aspects of the security and safety program including: standard operating procedures
· Lead the institution through the Praesidium Accreditation process. This involves prevention, responding, and supervision standards for accountability in the abuse of minors.
· Reach out, develop, and nurture a working relationship with local Police and EMS services
· Plan and manage daily site traffic, parking and fleet safety program.
· Fully implement daily safety and security inspection program.
· Responsible for Emergency Management planning as well as educating
· Ensure compliance of staff, faculty, students and visitors with policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations.
· Oversee and implement appropriate incident management, emergency response planning and theft prevention.
· Conduct security and safety investigations and present findings to school administrators.
· Schedule & lead quarterly Safety and Security Advisory Committee meetings
Manage visitor processes.
Manage building alarm service.
• Associates Degree (or 60 credit hours equivalent) in Criminal Justice, Fire Science or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum five years in a public or proprietary security organization, military security experience as part of the armed forces, or five years law enforcement experience required.
• Two years of Supervisory/Management experience required.
• Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to pass a background check, and drug screening.
• Working knowledge of CPR, first aid, and AED with certification or the ability to become certified.
• Ability to work varied hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Ability to travel locally as needed
Must be able to stand for long periods and work outdoors in all types of weather. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times. Must be able to travel regularly throughout facility to conduct safety inspections.
Category Human Resources
Function HR / Benefits
Req ID JN -102021-116588