G-TECH Services, Inc. Mainframe Systems Analyst III in Detroit, Michigan
Plan, develop, test and implement IT system solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategies and goals. Identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Support one or more highly complex or critical business processes/systems and may require design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business. Project team member for projects large in scope and high complexity; may be enterprise-wide. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Five (5) years of relevant system solution development, testing and implementation work experience required.
The Senior Mainframe Programmer Analyst is under general IT supervision and makes modifications to complex applications and will create detailed specifications. This person will lead and assist in program design understanding and translation to allow changes and deployment for the maintenance of programs. They will also demonstrate effective communication skills to interpret needs of clients though design documentation and work very closely with other Information Systems teams.
We also prefer:
• 5 or more years of related work experience
• 5 or more years of experience in Information Systems performing development work.
• Mainframe coding experience (TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, MVS, IMS, File-Aid etc.)
• Experience with VSAM files
• Experience with RDBMS (DB2, SQL)
• IBM MQSeries
• Experience with Agile Methodology
The candidate is expected to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work independently and interact with other IT system team members including Operations, Business Units and Testing teams as directed by leadership. Candidate is also expected to provide guidance and mentoring to other team members where necessary and work closely with leadership on work status.
Strong experience in the following:
COBOL, COBOL II,
JCL, JCL PROCS, IBM UTILITIES, SYNC Sort utility, File Aid utility,
IMS, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, DB2 UTILITIES is a plus, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, OS/MVS.
• Experienced as a Mainframe Programmer Analyst on at least (2) full life cycle project iterations, which included the design and developing of large-scale Mainframe applications.
• Good understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
• Background in healthcare with membership data is a plus
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -042022-117742