G-TECH Services, Inc. Material Handling Engineering Specialist - EC1294 in Detroit, Michigan
The Material Handling Engineering Specialist is responsible for managing new model and existing platform rack programs. The Engineer will work with Corporate Material Handling Engineering (CHME) to ensure quality and delivery and buy off for racks/containers on a timely basis. The Material Handling Engineer Specialist responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Maintain existing fleet of racks along with all personnel industrial vehicle equipment including Hi-Lo's, Tuggers, System Guided Vehicles, and Automated Guided Vehicles.
· Supervise Jitney PIV garage along with providing direction to maintenance/repair to Low Cost Automation Team.
· Manage container return system within the plant and eliminate cardboard.
· Partner with plant ergonomics and safety to establish standards which support World Class Manufacturing initiatives.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Prior experience in material flow systems, design, managing, and purchasing.
· Experience with installation of material handling equipment such as Rack indexers, turn tables, over/unders shuttles and conveyors.
· Must be able to interface fluently with all levels of plant personnel.
· Ability to write projects.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills are required.
· Must be able to work all shifts and weekends.
· Bachelor's degree in Package Engineering or related Engineering degree.
· Advanced or Master's degree preferred (Supply Chain Management, Logistics Engineering).
· CAS design is a plus.
· Supervisory experience.
Req ID JN -092020-114634