G-TECH Services, Inc. Operations Supervisor in Detroit, Michigan
The Operations Supervisor will direct the driver workforce to meet the daily demands received from the plants and suppliers. The Operations Supervisor will communicate and handle issues that occur outside the normal scope of business, including delays and breakdowns. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Ensure all shipments generated at supply points are transported timely.
· Manage drivers and dispatchers.
· Oversee and direct 3-5 dispatchers, responsible for 1300 deliveries per day.
· Utilize multiple systems to maintain interruption-free service to all customer plants.
· Remain in constant contact with Assembly Plant personnel to ensure proper and timely material flow.
· Contact Medical if employees suffer injury.
· Contact incident Commander and Security of spills and other environmental issues.
· Publish Shift notes for Terminal with results and instructions for next shift
· Bachelor Degree
· 3 years’ minimum experience
· Previous Dispatch experience with Certified Carrier required
· Knowledge of Business and management principles involved with strategic planning, resources allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources in the trucking industry.
· Ability to interface with Plant Production and Dock Personnel Computer skills - ODIMs, CTMS, Omnitracs Knowledge of the Transportation / Logistics industry
· Demonstrated experience supervising 70 drivers per shift, 60 switch personnel, 4 Dispatchers, 2 Union Steward's Ability to discipline work force through Verbal or Written means
· Ability to report Catastrophic events to higher management levels - accidents, injuries, damaged equipment, redirect driver scheduled routes, updated payment coding.
· Ability to manage operations to avoid Production Loss or plant shutdown
· Experience with labor agreements and labor control
· Shifts and times may vary
Req ID JN -012020-113519