G-TECH Services, Inc. Procurement Specialist in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for developing IT contract negotiations strategies and performing contract negotiations. Prepare contractual provisions and administer contract proposals. Negotiate commercial contracts with vendors. Issue purchase orders to vendors. Focus on continuous improvement in vendor and client relations. Evaluate requests and requirements, identify risks, develop negotiation strategies, facilitate, and negotiate contracts with vendors, and issue purchase orders.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience –
• Develop negotiation strategies, conduct negotiations, and manage master contracts. Negotiate Statement of Work (SOW), Amendments, Master Service Contracts and Supplier Paper.
• Negotiate regulatory and compliance related contractual agreements (BAAs, government services, etc.).
• 3 + years IT contract negotiation experience
• Negotiate contract and pricing, finalize, and execute agreements, issue purchase orders.
Required Skills/Experience – The rest of the required skills/experience. Include:
• Ensure product or service descriptions are compliant (PHI, PII, BAA).
• Develop service level agreements for key customers and suppliers. Ensure compliance with customer SLA and that pricing is consistent with sourced pricing.
• Develop reporting and metrics.
• Partner with the business, Office of General Counsel (OGC), Insurance, Audit and Procurement in terms of formulating a negotiation strategy for contractual agreement.
• Collaborate with Business Development, Procurement Consultants and Specialists relative to a contracting and negotiation strategy.
• Develop negotiation strategies and assemble fact-based cases for use with suppliers
Preferred Skills/Experience – Optional but preferred skills/experience. Include:
• Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills required - Intermediate Written Communications and Oral Communication skill level required - Intermediate Effectiveness Measurement skills required
• Advanced Contracts Review skills required - Intermediate Problem-Solving
• skills required Proficient in procurement systems and current industry standard PC applications and systems.
• Thrive in an interdependent, team environment.
• Should exhibit exemplary behaviors in Drive Execution, Communicate, Build Partnership and an emphasis on own it and Reach Out
Education/Certifications – Include:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field. A Juris Doctorate is helpful, therefore preferred.
• Four (4) years contract negotiating experience required with two (2) years’ experience negotiating business contractual terms, strategy planning and analysis and review of existing contractual agreements preferred.
• Two (2) years’ experience with business contractual terms required; legal contractual terms preferred.
• Two (2) years negotiation strategy planning and analysis and review of existing contractual agreements preferred - Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) certification preferred. –
- • Institute of Supply Management (I.S.M.) affiliation preferred.
Function Clerical / Administrative
Req ID JN -092023-120472