G-TECH Services, Inc. Production Supervisor - Intermediate in Detroit, Michigan
The Production Supervisor - Intermediate is responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
●Ensure the production plan is met, analyzes issues with other roles, drives and implements continuous improvement activities and sustainability of solutions inside the Zone.
● Ensure a safe workplace, leads the Team to improve Safety in the area and enforces the use of mandated Safety tools and procedures.
● Understand losses during the Shift, use the C-Matrix to coordinate World Class Manufacturing activities and improve Zone performances.
● Proactively analyzes quality KPIs related to the Zone, prioritizes quality issues and properly guides Team Leaders.
● Ensure the right allocation of the people on the line, manages absenteeism, trains and builds teams.
● Possess knowledge of the broader manufacturing organization and have the ability to mobilize support groups and resources to lead and assist in problem solving activities.
● Actively participate and lead Kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost, Quality and Throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
● High school diploma or GED required.
● Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
● Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required
● Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
● Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
● Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead teams
● Ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
● Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
● 2 or more years of experience in supervision in a high volume environment.
● Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
● Previous experience working in a union environment
● Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing
● Good working knowledge of Google Suite software programs
Req ID JN -092021-116421