G-TECH Services, Inc. Systems Analyst III in Detroit, Michigan
Identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Support one or more moderately to highly complex business processes/systems for multiple business units.
Participate in business short-term planning sessions to ensure understanding of business goals, direction and business requirements; provide input from an IT systems perspective. Serve as a liaison between business area and the IT organization and vendors in coordination with project managers to provide technical solutions that address user needs.
• Coordinate business day to day operational issues and track through closure. Develop, write, and communicate systems design, functional system specifications and functional architecture analysis. Identify gaps or issues.
• Work closely with business, vendors and enterprise technical teams to triage the production issues and track through closure
• Support and monitor daily critical functional processes
• Support and coordinate release management activities
• Analyze customer’s systems and capabilities to understand strengths and weaknesses for the identification of opportunities for system improvement.
• Identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems, as needed. Gather data to support recommendations to address problems. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
• Work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
• Provide factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements. Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies. Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals. Identify issues based on impact of new/emerging technology or modifications to existing systems.
• Provide input for the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or forecasting activities as needed. Review performance against SLAs. Identify areas for improvement. Support achievement of SLAs.
• Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
• Three (3) years of relevant system solution development, testing and implementation work experience required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of business operations, systems requirements and IT processes.
• Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
• Production systems monitoring and 24/7 Oncall support on rotation basis
• Medicare Advantage business domain experience is a plus
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -082022-118371