G-TECH Services, Inc. Technology Consultant in Detroit, Michigan
Engagement Description – Administration of Middleware technologies to include primarily IBM middleware technologies in an on-prem Unix/Linux environment now and potentially in the future in a cloud-based environment. This is not an application developer position nor a server administrator position but specializes in the installation and configuration of web servers, application servers, and connectivity to database servers. Candidates should be at least familiar with DevSecOps approaches and automation.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience –
• IBM DataPower administration of virtual machines running on VMWare, Containerized, and Linux level.
• IBM MQ Administration
• IBM WebSphere an IBM Liberty Administration
Required Skills/Experience – The rest of the required skills/experience. Include:
• Linux experience is essential and a foundational skillset to the top 3 skills.
• Understanding of ports/sockets and services
• Understanding of Java Virtual Machine configuration (not necessarily Java coding) and concepts like class path and DSN/JDBC configurations.
• Ability to install and configure HTTP services (Apache/IHS)
• Kubernetes / Podman containerization and management
• TLS certificates, certificate chains, CAs, keystores
Preferred Skills/Experience – Optional but preferred skills/experience. Include:
• ForumSentry experience is not required but highly desirable
• AWS/IaC/DevSecOps experience
Education/Certifications – Include:
• A BS degree or equivalent years of experience. It is expected that applicants to this position will have a minimum of 5 years of web server and middleware administration focused experience working in a public web hosting environment.
Function Information Technology
Req ID JN -082023-120393