G-TECH Services, Inc. Mechanical Engineer - Intermediate - LV567 in Dundee, Michigan
The Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate will be responsible for the design, development and release efforts for automotive components from inception to production. The Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate will be involved with current production components in addition to future development programs. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
· Design vehicle components from concept and prototype build levels to production, including characteristics from Lessons Learned in other programs and the COE engineering requirements.
statement of work/source package for the component supplier.
component suppliers to determine their technical competence to manufacture the
DFMEA’s to identify potential failure modes and DVP&Rs to ensure that
functional objectives are met by the component design and validation is
the component for manufacturability and assembly, as well as work with other
Product Engineers with interfacing components and systems.
in post-test reviews including failure analysis, and work closely with
suppliers and manufacturing plants to ensure that design changes are robust and
feasible for manufacturing.
global cross functional teams to develop parts which meet all regions
“No Touch” zones on the components during assembly.
the manufacturing equipment and functions on the supplier floor with Supplier
near production level parts, material dunnage and line delivery plans with the
global teams, including the suppliers.
warranty items, work with supplier quality personnel to address manufacturing
and quality concerns.
all functional and manufacturing aspects for the component.
· BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
· 3-5 years plus related experience with mechanical engineering component design.
· Good communication, presentation and technical report writing skills (comfortable interfacing with business partners of all levels).
· Engineer must be experienced with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
· Good teamwork skills, ability to work independently and to manage suppliers.
· Knowledge of releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies.
· MBA or Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university.
· Passion for, interest in and hands on working knowledge of cars.
· Experience releasing components at an OEM or large Tier 1 company.
· Demonstrated experience in supplier management.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112020-114904