G-TECH Services, Inc. Warehouse Supervisor (2nd Shift) in Lansing, Michigan
• Counsel and support hourly employees with needs/concerns as required.
• Address performance behaviors by commending those that are positives and discouraging those that are negative.
• Uses Quality Network problem solving process to address opportunities within area and engage work force for ideas.
• Apply Workplace Organization (WPO) process to improve layouts and efficiency.
• Perform daily Timekeeping System (TKS) updating to ensure accurate processing of payroll data.
• Use A-3 reporting format to document problem solving activities and observe local A-3 guidelines.
• Conduct daily meetings to communicate business performance and have two-way discussions with employees.
• Perform and document weekly safety observation tours of departments.
• Plan daily workloads in advance.
• Support colleagues to optimize shift performance.
• Observe contractual requirements (National and Local).
• Enforce Shop Rules.
• Perform daily SOP audit checks.
• Advance skills through Individual Development Plan (IDP) process.
• Keep General Supervisor Shop Committee apprised of all pending activities.
· High School graduate or equivalent training, plus additional training such as that acquired in the first one or two years of technical or business school
· Training in skilled trades area or equivalent technical training
Experience Supervising UAW employees is preferred
OT, Weekend, and Holiday work may be required
Req ID JN -092022-118657