G-TECH Services, Inc. Technical Support in Livonia, Michigan
· Review, analyze, and evaluate various systems operations.
· Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure timely resolution.
· Performs advance root cause analysis and develops checklists for typical problems.
· Provide technical support on a variety of issues.
· Escalate problems to next level support professionals when necessary.
· High School Diploma
· Some college experience and/or 10-15 years of relevant work experience
· Clean driving record
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to lead, follow and collaborate with others in a comfortable and friendly fashion
· Ability to make valid decisions and initiate action in a variety of circumstances and on short notice
· Confidence and willingness to coordinate activities with others while listening to their input
· Take direction from engineers and supervisors within the Advanced Powertrain organization
· Build custom cans for catalysts
· Cut catalyst matting
· Build custom tooling cones to stuff catalysts into cans
· Build jigs that will be used to fabricate custom exhaust systems
· Instrument exhaust systems with thermocouples and transducers
· Reading/interpreting drawings and sketches so that they can fabricate the part
· Making drawings/sketches for parts that need fabrication based on schematics
· Develop design/parts from concept through vehicle implementation
· Metalworking/Fabrication of parts through the use of Mill, Lathe, Grinder, Saw, Press, etc
· MIG/TIG welding of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
· Installation of various prototype components onto test vehicles
· Loading and unloading of trucks at shipping dock through the use of a PIV
· Basic facility maintenance (lights, ceiling tiles, plumbing, etc)
· Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal form.
· Continually assessing current processes and procedures, and evaluating potential means to improve efficiency within the scope of the Tech Support group
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion
· Must be able to walk up to 5 miles per day
· Must be able to pass PIV physical for fork lift license
· Experience MIG/TIG welding of steels and aluminum
· Experience with basic machine shop equipment such as Lathes and Mills
· Experience hand fabricating sheet metal components
· Experience working on vehicles
Driving and Travel Requirements:
· Will be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will not be required to travel
Req ID JN -112019-112986