G-TECH Services, Inc. Mechanical Technician 3 in Madison Heights, Michigan
The main function of a mechanical technician is to modify test and repair machinery and equipment under direction of engineering staff or physical scientists. A mechanical technician helps engineers design test and manufacture industrial machinery consumer products and other equipment.
· Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
· Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine sheet or wood shops.
· Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications procedures and objectives and test nature of technical problems such as redesign.
· Review project instructions and specifications to identify modify and plan requirements fabrication assembly and testing.
· Discuss changes in design method of manufacture and assembly and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections.
· Inspect lines and figures for clarity and return erroneous drawings to designer for correction.
· Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
· Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
· Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
· Creativity verbal and written communication skills analytical and problem solving ability.
· Team player and detail oriented.
· Basic leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
· Ability to make sketches engineering drawings and common computations.
· Ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing construction and installation standards and specifications.
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
· Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
· Associate's degree in engineering technology or related field required.
· 5-7 years experience required.
Req ID JN -012023-119526