G-TECH Services, Inc. Vehicle Integration Engineer in Michigan, Michigan
Vehicle Integration Engineer will be responsible for onsite support at vehicle assembly plants during various pilot and launch phases to implement and monitor the powertrain electrical test process for a vehicle propulsion system. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Perform powertrain electrical in-plant testing process validation testing at major testing loops prior to actual builds in the plants.
· Lead and support VP, PS , V1 and V2 vehicle launch events as
powertrain electrical’s first line of defense for issues and process
· Investigate and analyze vehicle build and process issues for root cause while determining next steps to drive resolution of said issues, as well as conducting read across to similar vehicle and propulsion system configurations.
· BS in Electrical or Computers Science or related field preferred.
· 1-3 years powertrain systems experience (will consider internship / project work).
· 2-5 years overall automotive experience.
· Strong problem solving skills and good engineering intuition.
· Cross functional role requires Fluent in English - both verbal & written communications.
· Able to develop diagnostic and customize diagnostic procedures for computer scripting.
· Ability to solve complex PTEE builds issues and drive solution with minimal direction.
· Fundamental knowledge of propulsion systems ( internal combustion, electrified, hybrids, transmission, and driveline).
· Familiarity with OBD controls, calibration and diagnostics.
· Ability to work unsupervised in a multicultural fast paced environment.
· Basic understanding of CAN network tools such as CANalyzer.
· Basic understanding of calibration tools ( INCA).
· Self-motivated with ability to self regulate priorities.
· May be required to drive a company car, therefore must have a valid drivers license and clean record required.
· Will be required to travel - 60% to NAFTA Plants (US, Canada & Mexico).
· Must be able to freely travel to and from all three (3) countries.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -012021-115174