G-TECH Services, Inc. Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Direct Hire) in Novi, MI, Michigan
The primary role of the health, safety, and environmental coordinator is to ensure health, safety, environmental, and security compliance in accordance with local, state, and governmental rules and regulations. Document, implement, and enforce company policies, procedures, and programs designed to improve the quality of a safe and healthful workplace for the workers
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitors the company's health, safety, security, fire systems and environmental (HSE) standards in compliance with OSHA, MIOSHA, EPA and ISO14001.
· Develop, implement and maintain programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the company
· Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, solvents, lighting, and ergonomics, which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
· Performs field and safety measurements, safety evaluations, and hazardous waste evaluations.
· Develops or provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining safety data sheets.
· Ensures inspection, measuring, and manufacturing equipment and instrumentation is sufficiently installed to maximize accident prevention; consistently monitors equipment to maintain HSE conditions.
· Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or unhealthy conditions.
· Directs and trains workers in the facility on compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations in accordance with company policies, procedures, and applicable government regulations.
· Provides technical guidance to management and government agencies regarding health, safety and environmental related problems and ensures personal protective equipment (PPE) is utilized.
· Develops and implements a program and system to track and evaluate workplace injuries; reports accidents to MI(OSHA) and EPA, as defined.
· Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
· Facilitates HSE committee; participates in facility walkthroughs daily to identify potential and real hazards, and reports violations to senior management immediately.
· Develops, implements and maintains safety recognition and safety/ergonomic, kaizen (continuous improvement) programs.
· Implements and maintains employee wellness programs.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in industrial engineering or equivalent from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training.
· OSHA certification desirable.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines
· Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work amongst cross-functional teams.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, database.
Category Program Management
Req ID JN -072022-118337